Annual Fund Graduate Bursaries
The Annual Fund Graduate Bursaries are intended for Home or EU students continuing their studies at St Catharine's College, either starting a Master's degree after completing a BA, or continuing onto a PhD after a Master's degree. The criteria for an Award are academic excellence and demonstrable financial need. The value of each Bursary is up to £10,000 per annum.
- In the eventuality where no suitable internal candidates can be found, students new to St Catharine's who have listed us as their first choice may also be considered for the Bursaries.
- The Bursary is tenable for one year only for Master's students, and for up to three years on courses leading to a PhD degree, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- There is no restriction on the subject of study, but preference will be given to those studying Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences related subjects.
The deadline for applications to be received at St Catharine's is 31 March each year and the results will be published later in the spring.
Eligibility for an Award may be conditional on the results of the candidate's current degree. The awarding committee will consist of the Graduate Tutors, the Financial Tutor and the Master.
Candidates must hold an offer of admission for a graduate course at the University of Cambridge in order to be considered for the bursary. Candidates should thus submit their application to the Graduate Admissions Office at the earliest possible opportunity. To do so, please visit http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/
Once you have received an offer from the University of Cambridge, please complete the application form available from the right sidebar, and send it to email@example.com along with the following documents:
- your application to the University of Cambridge
- letter of offer of admission to the University of Cambridge
- research proposal
In addition, please ask two referees to submit a letter of reccommendation (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Reference for APPLICANT'S NAME - Annual Fund Bursary"
Applications for the 2017/18 academic year will be accepted until 5pm GMT on 31 March 2017. Please ensure that refereces are submitted by the deadline as incomplete or late applications will not be considered.