Services and facilities
Below is a summary of services and facilities available to guests at St Catharine's. You can also download this information as a PDF from the right sidebar.
Arrival and departure
- On arrival: Please kindly report to the Porters’ Lodge on arrival. For residents, check-in is from 2pm. Limited luggage storage is available at the Porters’ Lodge for those who arrive early.
- On departure: Guests are asked to vacate rooms by 10am and return their keys to the Porters’ Lodge. Limited luggage storage is available at the Porters’ Lodge. Please note that any lost keys will be charged at £30.00. Note that guests who do not vacate their rooms on time are liable for an additional night’s charge.
Services for guests
- Computer and internet access: Wi-Fi is provided free of charge in all bedrooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. Computer rooms are also available for guest use.
- Laundry: Coin-operated laundry rooms are available for residents’ use. Ask at the Porters’ Lodge for directions.
- Food and drink: Unless otherwise arranged, all meals are served in the Dining Hall. Breakfast is normally served between 7.30am and 9.00am Monday to Friday and from 7.30am to 9.30am on Saturday and Sunday. Lunch is served between 12.30pm and 1.30pm and dinner is served from 6.00pm to 6.30pm. These times may change according to your conference timetable, so please check your programme timings with the Conference Office.
- Special dietary requirements: We are able to accommodate guests’ dietary requirements; please kindly advise us of these in advance so we may notify the catering team.
- The Porters’ Lodge: As first point of contact within the College, the Lodge is staffed almost continuously every day of the week. The Porters are responsible for all room keys, security in College, fire safety, first aid, telephone and post reception and general advice about College services and visiting the city of Cambridge. The Lodge is also where you can store luggage and register any issues you might have during your stay.
- Access to Buildings and Grounds: Guests are provided with a key which will allow you access to staircases and gates around College. Please ensure that these gates/doors are closed behind you to ensure the safety and security of other users of the College. Please note that the main gate of the College is closed at 11pm each night and your key will be required for access.
- Café and Bar: The Catz Café in the stunning McGrath Bar is open daily from 9am-2.30pm unless otherwise advertised. The Café sells a range of cold snacks and hot and cold drinks. The College Bar and games room will be available most evenings and is located downstairs in the new McGrath Centre. Opening times and availability will be posted outside the Bar, in the Porters’ Lodge and on Hall notice boards.
- Chapel: Barely altered over the last three hundred years, St Catharine's beautiful Chapel is open daily for reflection and prayer, no matter what your religion or faith may be.
- Smoking: The College is a completely smoke-free environment and smoking is not allowed in any rooms or on College grounds.
If you have any other questions before or during your stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact the Conference Office using the details in the right sidebar. We wish you a very enjoyable stay at St Catharine’s.