Dr John Xuereb
Dr John Xuereb is a University Senior Lecturer in Pathology and an Honorary Consultant Neuropathologist at Addenbrooke's Hospital. His main research interest has been neurodegenerative disease, notably Alzheimer's Disease and Frontotemporal Dementia. Dr Xuereb held the College office of Dean for ten years. He was also the founder of the Amalgamated Societies Lecture Series and Custodian of the College silver. Dr Xuereb leads the Clinical Pathology Course at The Clinical School and directs studies in Pathology at the College.
- Devenney E, Forrest SL, Xuereb J, Kril JJ, Hodges JR. The bvFTD phenocopy syndrome: a clinicopathological report. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2016
- Alexander SK, Rittman T, Xuereb JH, Bak TH, Hodges JR, Rowe JB, ‘Validation of the new consensus criteria for the diagnosis of corticobasal degeneration,’ J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2014 Aug;85(8):925-9
- Charidimou A, Jaunmuktane Z, Baron JC, Burnell M, Varlet P, Peeters A, Xuereb J, Jäger R, Brandner S, Werring DJ, ‘White matter perivascular spaces: an MRI marker in pathology-proven cerebral amyloid angiopathy?’ Neurology. 2014 Jan 7;82(1):57-62
- Del Bigio MR, Hainfellner JA, McLean CA, Powell SZ, Sikorska B, Takahashi H, Weis J, Xuereb JH, ‘Neuropathology training worldwide-evolution and comparisons’ Brain Pathol. 2014 Apr;24(3):285-98
- Blakely EL, Yarham JW, Alston CL, Craig K, Poulton J, Brierley C, Park SM, Dean A, Xuereb JH, Anderson KN, Compston A, Allen C, Sharif S, Enevoldson P, Wilson M, Hammans SR, Turnbull DM, McFarland R, Taylor RW, ‘Pathogenic mitochondrial tRNA point mutations: nine novel mutations affirm their importance as a cause of mitochondrial disease’, Hum Mutat. 2013 Sep;34(9):1260-8