Dr Sergei Taraskin
Dr Sergei Taraskin is overall Director of Studies in NST IA (physical option), Director of Studies in Maths for NST students, Director of Studies in Physics IA and Director of Studies in Computer Science. By education and at heart, he is a theoretical physicist. Educated in Moscow and working in Cambridge since 1993, Sergei's main research interests lie in the areas of non-equilibrium statistical physics and complex systems. He supervises many of our natural science students in their various mathematics options.
- Effect of disorder on condensation in the lattice gas model on a random graph', TP Handford, A Dear, FJ Pérez-Reche, SN Taraskin, Physical Review E (2014) 90, 012144 (DOI: 10.1103/physreve.90.012144)
- 'Effects of variable-state neighborhoods for spreading synergystic processes on lattices', SN Taraskin, FJ Pérez-Reche, Physical Review E (2013) 88, ARTN 062815 (DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevE.88.062815)
- 'Steady-state random walk on connected graph of arbitrary topology with random and non-symmetric transition rates', SN Taraskin, Physica Status Solidi B (2013) 250, 1029
- 'Zero-temperature random-field Ising model on a bilayered Bethe lattice', TP Handford, FJ Pérez-Reche, SN Taraskin, Physical Review E (2013) 88, 022117 (DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevE.88.022117)
- 'Mechanisms of evolution of avalanches in regular graphs', TP Handford, FJ Pérez-Reche, SN Taraskin – Physical Review E (2013) 87, 062122 (DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevE.87.062122)