Based in the heart of Cambridge, St Catharine’s College is looking to appoint two full time Housekeeping Porters to join our busy, friendly Housekeeping team, providing a first class service for our college community.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Practical and proactive with a demonstrated ability to identify problems and use their own initiative to develop and implement solutions.
- Courteous with a professional attitude and a demonstrated ability to want to deliver a quality customer service to all.
- Responsible for co-ordinating a range of cleaning and waste management tasks as well as the safe transit of items, room moves and conference/events set up.
Please click here to view the full job description for this position.
The full time hours for this post are 37.5 hours per week, to be worked 5 days out of 7, including weekends.
- Competitive annual salary of FTE £20,880 pa.
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days per annual leave year, in addition to Public Holidays for full time employees, pro rata for part-time employees.
- Full training will be provided including COSHH and manual handling in addition to other professional development opportunities.
- A free lunch in the College Dining Hall (when on main site) for those whose hours of work encompass a meal break.
- Generous defined contribution pension provision with salary sacrifice arrangements.
- Access to the College’s Cycle to Work voucher scheme.
- Opportunities for training and development.
- A range of family friendly benefits, including generous maternity and paternity benefits above statutory entitlements.
- Use of a small on-site gym at a subsidised rate.
- Access to purchase the College’s private Health Care scheme.
- Access to staff wellbeing and employee assistance support.
- Free life assurance (death in service benefit) with probate and bereavement support.
In order to apply for one of these posts, please submit a completed application form and send it along with a covering letter, outlining which role you are interested in, along with details of your suitability for the role. Please also complete and submit a completed Equality and Diversity monitoring form. All documents should be emailed to: email@example.com
The closing date for completed applications is 9am on Monday 9 May 2022.
We reserve the right to close the application window if we receive a high number of applications so you are encouraged to apply early.