Based in the heart of Cambridge, St Catharine’s College is looking to appoint a full time Kitchen Porter plus a casual Kitchen Porter to join our busy, friendly Catering team, providing a first class service for our college community.
The ideal candidates will be:
- Practical, proactive and able to use their own initiative to carry out the duties to a high standard.
- Courteous with a professional, can-do attitude and be committed to delivering a high quality service.
Please click here to view the full job description for this position.
The full time hours for this post are 40 hours per week, to be worked on a shift basis, including evenings and weekends.
- Competitive annual salary of FTE £20,880. For the casual position, the hourly rate of pay will be £9.50 plus holiday pay.
- An annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year, in addition to 8 Public Holidays (pro rata for part-time employees).
- A lunch allowance for use in the College Dining Hall (when on main site).
- Generous defined contribution pension provision with salary sacrifice arrangements.
- Access to Government tax-free Childcare and Cycle to Work schemes.
- Access to training and development opportunities.
- Use of a small on-site gym available at a subsidised rate.
- Private Health Care purchase scheme.
- Access to staff wellbeing and employee assistance support.
- Life assurance (death in service benefit) with probate and bereavement support.
In order to apply for one of these posts, please submit a completed application form and send it along with a covering letter, outlining which role you are interested in, along with details of your suitability for the role. Please also complete and submit a completed Equality and Diversity monitoring form. All documents should be emailed to: email@example.com
The closing date for completed applications is noon on Wednesday 9 February 2022.
We reserve the right to close the application window if we receive a high number of applications so you are encouraged to apply early.