Sharing advice and expertise with students can be one of the most valuable and rewarding ways in which to support the College.
The Alumni and Development Office is working in conjunction with the Catz Careers Society to provide career mentoring and support to current students. This is a new and exciting time building on the foundation of our CatzConnect mentoring platform. We are developing a vibrant range of career events and tools which will engage our Members and friends in assisting St Catharine's students with this important next stage of their lives. During each academic year, we are hosting two online Careers events in Michaelmas term and Lent term for students with guest alumni speakers and Q&A sessions. Alumni will be able to reach out to students and discuss insights from their own industries, how they entered their chosen field, share personal experiences and give valuable career advise across various sectors. We will also be launching a Careers and Alumni YouTube channel producing a series of Youtube Shorts where alumni will be able to submit profile films to help inspire students. The Alumni and Development Office would also like to be able put students in touch with St Catharine's alumni and friends for careers mentoring, advise and career opportunities.
What can you do?
- Let us know what careers you would like to see represented at alumni career events and in alumni career profile films, please fill this out this form and we will do our best to incorporate your feedback.
- Get involved in our alumni career events. The first event: 'How to land your first job' will take place at the end of Michaelmas term 2021. Further information will be sent in due course from the Careers Society.
- Get in touch with the Alumni and Development Office if you are interested in receiving mentoring advise from a Member of College. Email Hannah Bostock at: email@example.com with an outline of which career paths you are interested in pursuing.
- Please do not hesitate to contact Rory Cockshaw, JCR President and Catz Career Society President at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Alumni and Friends
- Sign up to be a guest speaker at one of our forthcoming Career event.
- Send in a 30 second alumni profile film to be used on the Careers and Alumni Youtube channel. Please contact the Alumni and Development Office for guidance on this project.
- Sign up to be a contact on our Mentoring database.
- Please do not hesitate to contact Hannah Bostock, Development Officer at: email@example.com if you would like to sign up to any of the above opportunities.
Report from the Alumni Careers Inaugural Virtual Event
Helping our students find their next step
"On Tuesday, 8 June, the Alumni and Development Office and the St Catharine’s Careers Society hosted an Alumni Careers Virtual Event for current undergraduates and postgraduates. A panel of five St Catharine’s alumni kindly volunteered to help students by speaking to them about their career history and progression, sharing personal experiences and valuable advice. During this gathering, hosted via Zoom, alumni discussed insights from their own industries, including how they entered fields ranging from film, finance, environment, technology and investment. The evening concluded with an engaging Q&A session, where students had the opportunity to ask questions or advice about career opportunities across various sectors where alumni are in senior management positions. We look forward to continuing this collaboration with students to organise more Alumni Careers Virtual Events. The Alumni and Development Office would like to extend a special thanks to our alumni speakers for their participation and time."