Sharing advice and expertise with students can be one of the most valuable and rewarding ways in which to support the College.
- Are you looking for a new job?
- Are you considering a career change?
- Are you looking for someone with particular professional expertise?
- Would you like to find old friends and make new connections?
- Would you like to develop new skills and enhance your CV?
- Would you like to benefit others by sharing your knowledge and experiences?
- Are you interested in finding out where your interests and degree could take you?
Join CatzConnect - the new online networking and e-mentoring platform for the exclusive use and benefit of St Catharine's Members.
With CatzConnect, alumni can take advantage of the following services:
- Reconnect and keep in touch: Rekindle old friendships and make new ones through CatzConnect's directory and range of search filters.
- Interactive map: Whether you are traveling on business, planning a holiday or moving to another region or country, CatzConnect’s map can help you find contacts anywhere in the world.
- Professional networking: CatzConnect can help you if you are looking to expand your network, find someone working in a particular industry, or contact someone with specialist expertise. Users can choose to sync their CatzConnect profiles with their LinkedIn accounts.
- Mentoring: Share your professional insights and advice with students and other alumni – from answering questions by email to speaking with someone in person about your industry and even offering work experience.
- You are in control: Every user decides what to share with others and can update their preferences at any time.
Resources for mentors: We have created a helpful guide for alumni interested in mentoring through CatzConnect.
Resource for mentees: Perhaps you are looking for guidance from someone within your current profession, or maybe you are thinking about pursuing a new career. In either case, you can find useful tips on how to get the most of CatzConnect here.
Alumni work in every industry, all around the world, and can provide current students with valuable careers advice. Students can search for mentors using a variety of search filters and request the following support from prospective mentors:
- Advice via email or phone
- CV or application review
- Face-to-face meeting
- Workplace visit
- Work shadowing and work placements
- Internships and jobs
Resources for mentees: Please refer to this guide for advice on how to make the most of the mentoring opportunities offered by alumni.