The College's Annual Fund benefits all St Catharine’s students. Each year, donations from many hundreds of alumni provide students with opportunities otherwise unavailable to them. Thank you to all who support the College in this way. Your generosity has a profound impact.
The Annual Fund in 2019-20
Here are just some of the ways in which donors are helping students.
- Funds for a range of student wellbeing programmes
- Hardship grants
- Graduate bursaries in aid of research
- Grants to support internships and travel
- Sports bursaries
- Investment in the Library and archives
- Support for the College's outreach programme
- Funding for CatzConnect – the College’s peer-to-peer networking and mentoring platform for students and alumni
"Receiving a College Entrance bursary has made a huge difference to my life at St Catharine’s. The generosity of the bursary has allowed me to take full advantage of my time at Cambridge, without being hindered by financial uncertainty. I was granted the freedom to focus on my studies, get involved in a variety of societies, and enjoy the social atmosphere of the College - all so important to a complete university experience."
Bursary recipient 2018-19
Why your support matters
More can be done to enable students to fulfill their ambitions. This requires your help. Expanding extra-curricular opportunities, offering more MPhil bursaries and further investment in facilities are all goals for the year ahead.
The Annual Fund brings together alumni and friends in support of current students. Donations of all sizes have an immediate impact. If you do not already support the Annual Fund, please consider doing so today. For example...
- £15 a month could provide a sports bursary or travel award
- £300 could fund a school visit to College as part of our outreach programme
- £500 could provide a hardship grant to a student in acute financial need
- An MPhil bursary could be funded by 50 donations of £20 a month
You can make a regular donation or single gift online, or download a gift form and return it to the Alumni & Development Office. Please feel welcome to contact Mr Guy Lawrenson, Senior Development Executive, by email or telephone (01223 338334) for more information.