The College's Annual Fund benefits all St Catharine’s students, directly or indirectly, through its support for a broad range of bursaries, scholarships and projects. We are very grateful to everyone who donates to the Annual Fund. Their generosity has a profound impact on our students, providing opportunities that would otherwise be unavailable to them.
The Annual Fund at work in 2018-19
In the year to 30 June 2019, the Annual Fund received the support of 772 Members and friends. Together, they donated more than £195,000 and benefited students in the following ways:
- 88 undergraduate Entrance Bursaries;
- 5 PhD/MPhil bursaries;
- More than 40 grants for research, travel and hardship;
- Support for the College’s International Women’s Day celebration;
- Funding for CatzConnect – the College’s forthcoming peer-to-peer networking and mentoring platform for students and alumni;
- Investment in the College Library and archives
"Receiving a College Entrance bursary has made a huge difference to my life at St Catharine’s. The generosity of the bursary has allowed me to take full advantage of my time at Cambridge, without being hindered by financial uncertainty. I was granted the freedom to focus on my studies, get involved in a variety of societies, and enjoy the social atmosphere of the College - all so important to a complete university experience."
Annual Fund Entrance Bursary recipient 2018-19
Thank you to everyone who donated to the Annual Fund in 2018-19!
Your support matters
The Annual Fund enables all alumni and friends of the College to support its mission by providing current students with extraordinary opportunities. Donations of all sizes have an immediate impact on some aspect of College life. If you do not already support the Annual Fund then we encourage you to do so today.
The greater the number of people who support the Annual Fund, the more we can do to benefit students now. For example:
- A donation of £15 a month can fund a sports grant or travel award
- Just four donations of £20 a month can support an undergraduate Entrance Bursary
- Twenty gifts of £500 would provide an MPhil bursary
- A donation of £2,000 will support the annual Graduate Symposium
You can make a regular donation or single gift online, or download a gift form and return it to the Alumni & Development Office. Please feel welcome to contact Mr Guy Lawrenson, Senior Development Executive, by email or telephone (01223 338334) for more information.