Dr Anthony Davenport
Dr Anthony Davenport is Reader in Cardiovascular Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, and was previously British Heart Foundation Principal Scientist and for ten years held a BHF Science Lectureship. He is a Fellow and active member of the British Pharmacological Society and was previously chair of External Affairs, Trustee, Finance and Executive member. He is also a Fellow of the Hypertension Society. He is an executive member of the International Union of Pharmacology Committee on Receptor Nomenclature and Drug Classification, that maintains a data base of drugs and their target at http://www.guidetopharmacology.org/, chair of the Endothelin Receptor Sub-committee, member of the International Scientific Advisory Board on Endothelin; editorial board member of the British Journal of Pharmacology and Current Opinions in Pharmacology; editor of 'Receptor binding Techniques'. He has held programme grants from the BHF and was co-applicant on three MRC programme grants to establish the multi-imaging facilities at Addenbrooke's Hospital. He was elected British Pharmacological Society Australasian Visitor in 2014.
- Davenport, A.P., Hyndman, K.A., Dhaun, N., Southan, C., Kohan, D.E., Pollock, J.S., Pollock, D.M., Webb, D.J. and Maguire, J.J., (2016) Endothelin. Pharmacol Rev, 68, 366-427.
- Irkle, A., Vesey, A.T., Lewis; D.Y., Skepper, J.N., Bird; J.L.E., Dweck; M.R., Joshi; F.R., Gallagher; F.A., Warburton; E.A., Bennett; M.R., Brindle; K.M., Newby, D.E., Rudd, J.H., Davenport, A.P. (2015) Identifying active vascular micro-calcification by 18F-sodium fluoride positron emission tomography. Nature Communications, 6, 1-11. (26151378).
- Brame, A.L., Maguire, J.J., Yang, BA, Dyson, A, Torella, R., Cheriyan, J., Singer, M., . Glen, R.C., Wilkinson, I.B., Davenport, A.P. (2015). Design, characterization and first-in-human study of the vascular actions of a novel ‘biased’ apelin receptor agonist. Hypertension, 65, 834-840.
- Maguire, J.J., K.L. Jones, R.E. Kuc, M.C. Clarke, M.R. Bennett, and A.P. Davenport. (2014). The CCR5 chemokine receptor mediates vasoconstriction and stimulates intimal hyperplasia in human vessels in vitro. Cardiovasc Res 101: 513-21.
- Maguire JJ, Davenport AP.(2014) Endothelin@25 - new agonists, antagonists, inhibitors and emerging research frontiers: IUPHAR Review 12. Brit J Pharmacol. doi: 10.1111/bph.12874
- Azizan, E.A., H. Poulsen, P. Tuluc, J. Zhou, M.V. Clausen, A. Lieb, C. Maniero, S. Garg, E.G. Bochukova, W. Zhao, L.H. Shaikh, C.A. Brighton, A.E. Teo, A.P. Davenport, T. Dekkers, B. Tops, B. Kusters, J. Ceral, G.S. Yeo, S.G. Neogi, I. McFarlane, N. Rosenfeld, F. Marass, J. Hadfield, W. Margas, K. Chaggar, M. Solar, J. Deinum, A.C. Dolphin, I.S. Farooqi, J. Striessnig, P. Nissen, and M.J. Brown. (2013). Somatic mutations in ATP1A1 and CACNA1D underlie a common subtype of adrenal hypertension. Nature Genetics 45: 1055-60.
- Davenport, A.P., Alexander, S.H.P., Sharman, J.L., Pawson, A.J., Benson, H.E., Monaghan, A.E., Chiy Liew, W., . Mpamhanga, C.P., Bonner, T.I., Neubig, R.R., Pin, J P. , Spedding, M. and Harmar, A. J. (2013). International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology. LXXXVIII. G Protein-Coupled Receptor List: Recommendations for New Pairings with Cognate Ligands. Pharmacological Review, 65, 967-986.
- Maguire,J.J., Kleinz,M.J., Pitkin,S.L., Davenport,A.P.(2009) [Pyr1]apelin-13 identified as the predominant apelin isoform in human heart: vasoactive mechanisms and inotropic action in disease. Hypertension, 54:598-604).