The Annual Fund
The Annual Fund provides an opportunity for all St Catharine’s Members to play a meaningful role in supporting all aspects of College life. The cumulative impact of individual donations to the Annual Fund really is substantial, as you can read about below. We are grateful to everyone who chooses to support St Catharine’s in this way.
Achievements in 2016-17
Over the past year, the Annual Fund received the support of a record 824 Members and friends of St Catharine’s. Their generosity resulted in the following benefits for the College and its students:
- 104 undergraduate Entrance Bursaries
- 4 MPhil and PhD bursaries
- 61 Annual Fund Sports Bursaries
- 31 travel awards
- Resources for the College Library and Archive
- New equipment for the College groundskeeper
Thank you to everyone who donated to the Annual Fund in 2016-17. You can read more about the impact of our donors’ support in the College's new annual report, Horizons, and on our beneficiary profiles page.
Ambitions for 2017-18
In the year ahead, the Annual Fund will continue to provide undergraduate and graduate bursaries, as well as grants for extra-curricular activities and further investment in College facilities. Among the projects already identified for 2017-18 are funding for the 2018 Graduate Symposium, increased support for the expansion of the College Archivist post, and a series of green improvements to graduate accommodation.
Why Your Support Matters
The greater the number of people who support St Catharine’s with a gift to the Annual Fund, the more we can do to benefit students now. For example:
- A donation of £20 a month can fund a sports grant or travel award
- Just four donations of £20 a month can support an undergraduate Entrance Bursary
- Twenty gifts of £500 would provide an MPhil bursary
- A donation of £2,000 will support the annual Graduate Symposium
You can make a regular donation or single gift online, or download a gift form and return it to the Alumni & Development Office. Please feel welcome to contact Mr Guy Lawrenson, Senior Development Executive, by email or telephone (01223 338334) for more information.