Dr David Bainbridge
Dr David Bainbridge is Director of Studies in Veterinary Medicine at St Catharine's. He is also the University Clinical Veterinary Anatomist and organises much of the preclinical veterinary teaching in the university, including all the anatomy and reproductive biology. He has degrees in Zoology (1989) and Veterinary Medicine (1992) from Cambridge and spent time in mixed practice before studying at the Institute of Zoology at London Zoo (PhD 1996), the Royal Veterinary College and Cornell, Sydney and Oxford Universities. He has been a Fellow of Catz since 2003 and is also a tutor and admissions tutor. He is actively involved in promoting public understanding of science, giving frequent talks at schools (mainly to six- and seven-year-olds!) and writing popular science books. As well as his veterinary work, David lectures on reproduction in NST 1B Physiology.
- The X in Sex: How the X Chromosome Controls Our Lives (Harvard University Press, 2003)
- Beyond the Zonules of Zinn: A Fantastic Journey Through your Brain (Harvard University Press, 2008)
- Teenagers: A Natural History (Portobello, 2009)
- Middle Age: A Natural History (Portobello, 2012)
- Curvology: The Origins and Power of Female Body Shape (Portobello, 2015)