The BME Access Day is organised by the Schools Liaison Officers and undergraduate BME Officers of St Catharine's College (Catz) and Queens' College. The event will take place on Saturday 14th March 2020 and will offer school students the opportunity to find out more about life at a selective university, meet current Cambridge students, and experience academic taster sessions.
Applications and Eligibility
Students can apply for a place using our online application form until Friday 14th February. This event is open to Black and Minority Ethnic students who are in Year 12 (or equivalent) at a UK state school. If we have more applications than places, we will prioritise students who match one or more of the following eligibility criteria:
- Eligible for Free School Meals (or have been eligible for Free School Meals in the past)
- Live in an area with low rates of participation in Higher Education
- Live, or have lived, in local authority care
- Live in a postcode in IMD Quintile 1 or 2
- Young carer
- No parental history of Higher Education
- From an ethnic group currently underrepresented at Cambridge
This event (including lunch and activities) is completely free of charge. Students will have to organise their own transport to and from Cambridge. Some travel bursaries will be available and students who have financial concerns can contact Kathryn (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Maria (email@example.com) for more information.
The Schools Liaison Officers at the two Colleges will be the contacts for this event: