The MA is conferred by right upon holders of the Cambridge BA Degree. You may be admitted to proceed to the MA not less than six years from the end of your first term of residence and provided that no supplicate for the degree of Master of Arts shall be submitted until the degree of Bachelor of Arts has been conferred.
Receiving your MA Degree
- You will be contacted by email in January of the year that you become eligible to receive your MA Degree, which traditionally takes place at the end of March.
- The closing date for MA applications is 1 March 2021.
- A £10 degree fee is payable whether you wish to graduate 'in person' or 'in absentia'.
- The earliest congregation at which graduands may proceed to the MA in 2021 is 27 March. Please note that this ceremony will take place 'in absentia' only owing to COVID-19 restrictions.
- You can book and pay for the MA Degree here: https://www.caths.cam.ac.uk/event/ma-degree-2021
- You may proceed to your MA at any of the other Congregations- 1 May 2021, 22 May 2021, 23 July 2021, or later but these may be 'In absentia' only until we are advised by the University that it is safe to resume 'in person' ceremonies.
- Please complete the webform for other ceremonies.
Please note the closing date 1 March 2021.