Leaving Catz

Information for postgraduate students about leaving St Catharine's

When your course is completed, it will eventually be time for you to move on, however there are a few things that you need to do before you leave.

Before you go, you should do the following:

  • Inform the Postgraduate Office of your date of leaving, using the contact details
  • If you are in College accommodation please remember to give the Accommodation Office notice in writing of your move out (if you haven't already done so via the accommodation questionnaire). Please note, if you do not give notice you will continue to be liable for rent until the end of your tenancy period. 
  • Update your address details (postal and email) on CamSIS so that the Board of Postgraduate Studies can inform you of your results. 
  • Empty your pigeon-hole. All pigeon-holes are re-allocated in September, so if there is anything remaining there, it will be disposed of. 
  • The College will not forward mail to you after you have left so please make sure that anyone who sent mail to you at Catz has been informed of your new address. 
  • If you are in Postgraduate Accommodation, please make sure you have all your possessions with you (check that you haven't left anything in any store rooms). When you move out, return your keys to the Porters' Lodge and make sure you sign the book to confirm the date. 
  • If you wish to continue your MCR membership after graduation, you may apply for affiliate membership by contacting the Graduate Administrator
  • Return your College keys (ASSA and 242) to the Porters' Lodge.
  • Return any Library books 
  • If your computer was connected to the College Network, contact the Computer Officers so they can cancel your account 
  • When you are ready to consider Graduation, please follow this link to find out more about Graduation.
  • Enrollment for graduation is not automatic, and you will need to complete an Application to Graduate. Do not assume that you will be able to attend the ceremony until the College has approved your request to graduate!
  • When you graduate, return your University Card to the Head Porter. Caution Money will not be refunded until you have done so.
  • After you have graduated, inform Accounts of your bank details so that any Caution Money owed to you can be refunded. Please note that if you have damaged any College property or if you have any debt to the College, funds to cover this may be deducted. Make sure you keep your bank account open until any refunds have been made.
  • Your email address will become invalid once you have graduated. Please let the Alumni Office know your new contact details so we can stay in touch. Remember that you are automatically a member of the St Catharine's Society - register with their website to receive regional updates and access to old copies of the Magazine, plus the CareerLink service.