The Annual Fund Postgraduate Bursary is intended for Home or EU students continuing their studies at St Catharine's College, starting a Master's degree after completing a BA. The criteria for an Award are academic excellence and demonstrable financial need. The value of each Bursary is up to £12,000 per annum.
- In the eventuality where no suitable internal candidates can be found, students new to St Catharine's who have listed us as their first choice may also be considered for a Bursary.
- The Bursary is tenable for one year only, for Master's students
- There is no restriction on the subject of study, but preference will be given to those studying Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences related subjects.
Eligibility for an Award may be conditional on the results of the candidate's current degree. The awarding committee will consist of the Postgraduate Tutors, the Financial Tutor and the Master.
Please note: only a single application is required for the Annual Fund bursaries. Candidates who submit a complete MPhil Bursary application will automatically be considered for all MPhil awards.
Candidates must hold an offer of admission for a postgraduate course at the University of Cambridge in order to be considered for the bursary. Candidates should thus submit their application to the Postgraduate Admissions Office at the earliest possible opportunity. To do so, please visit http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/
Once you have applied to the University of Cambridge, please complete the MPhil Bursary application form, and send it to the College along with the following documents in PDF format:
- application to the University of Cambridge
- undergraduate transcript, transcript of any further degrees,
- letter of offer of admission to the University of Cambridge,
- any other documents you regard as relevant (i.e research proposal)
A checklist is provided on the final page of the application form for your convenience.
In addition, please ask two referees to submit a letter of recommendation (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Reference for APPLICANT'S NAME - St Catharine's Bursary".
Applications for the 2020/21 academic year will be accepted from 1 January 2020 until 5pm GMT on 31 March 2020. Please ensure that references are submitted by the deadline as incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
The College expects to announce the Bursary in May for the forthcoming academic year. Where a candidate is currently engaged in a course of study, the Bursary will be conditional upon the successful completion of their course.