TERMS and CONDITIONS
Objectives of Terms and Conditions
It is important for you to understand clearly when you make a booking with us, who is responsible for what. These terms set out which responsibility lies with whom. These terms and conditions apply to the exclusion of any terms including any in your purchase order forms or other documentation. This contract is between us and you and not any other person or organisation for whom you may book rooms, meals and facilities. You are responsible for paying all charges, including any extra charges arising under this contract. These terms and conditions will form part of the booking along with the General College Rules for Guests, which can be found here.
Confirmation of Booking
- Once a booking has been submitted the College will subsequently email a booking confirmation with details of the booking and the terms and conditions to the Client. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure the booking is correct.
- The client can amend and/or cancel the booking using the information provided in the booking confirmation email.
- If there are changes to or the booking contract is cancelled, then the relevant cancellation charges will apply in accordance with Clause 17 of these terms.
- The College may contact you using the information you have provided, to confirm details.
- You can enquire directly to email@example.com with any enquiries while processing your booking.
- The College reserves the right to hold meals in any of its dining areas.
- The College reserves the right to substitute catering goods where applicable, by prior notice to the Client.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the College reserves the right to alter the booked accommodation and/or dining.
- All function rooms should be vacated by 23.00, with guests leaving College itself by 23.15.
- Unfortunately there is no parking available in College.
- If you are contacting the College out of office hours with last-minute alterations to diets etc., please use one of the following contact numbers: Hall Office – 01223 338324 Buttery – 01223 338342 Kitchen Office – 01223 338325
- Members of St Catharine’s College are also required to abide by any additional College rules.
- Payment may be made by credit/debit card. All bookings must be paid in full at time of booking.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, all prices are inclusive of VAT unless the College agrees that the booking is exempt from VAT.
- In the event of cancellation the following charges will apply:-
If you make a booking less than 12 weeks (84 days) prior to the start date of your event, cancellation charges pursuant with B-E in the above table will apply.
- Any changes to the original booking details will be considered to be applicable once an amendment is received by the College.
- To amend or cancel a booking a £10 Admin fee will be charged.
Cancellation by the College
- The College reserves the right to cancel any booking in the event of any disruption to the College by fire, flood, power failure or any circumstances outside the control of the College.
- In the event of cancellation by the College any money paid will be refunded. The College shall have no responsibility for any claims for consequential loss suffered by the Client, their servants, agents, contractor or licensee nor by any member of the group or conference party.
- The Client undertakes with the College not to undertake any activity which promotes terrorism or the promulgation of non-violent extremism.
- The College accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any property, vehicles or equipment belonging to the Client.
- The College accepts no responsibility for any death or personal injury suffered by any person other than that which may be caused as a direct result of any negligent or fraudulent act or omission by the College or its employees.
- You are responsible for any damage to the facilities of the College and for any loss or damage to any other property or equipment belonging to the College during its use by you, other than caused by normal wear and tear. Any damage incurred may result in a charge to rectify the damage. If such damage prevents bedrooms or other areas being used while damage is made good, then you will be charged for any revenue lost during this period.
- From time to time, the College has to undertake various building works and refurbishment in and around its sites, and it is therefore the responsibility of any visitors to the College to take care in and around such works.
Use of the College
- Please remember that the College is the home and workplace of students and Fellows of the College throughout the year, and consideration should be given to those in residence at all times. Noise should be kept to a minimum during the day and especially also between the hours of 22.00 and 08.00.
- If you the client exhibit poor behaviour or conduct unacceptable to the College or its other occupants we reserve the right to terminate your stay forthwith. Should this occur no monies will be refunded. The decision of the College in these matters is final.
- No activity shall be carried out on College premises or the facilities used in such a way to cause nuisance or inconvenience to the College or any other users of the College premises.
- You must comply with all reasonable requests and directions by authorised College personnel.
- The College shall have access to all College facilities at all times for inspection purposes or to carry out urgent repairs.
- As the College is in use for most of the year, Summer and Easter vacation periods are the only time essential repair works can be carried out. Although every effort is made to ensure that maintenance is done when the College is not in use, it may be possible that repair work may be evident during certain functions. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
- Accessing unauthorised areas such as roofs, climbing out of windows or on scaffolding is strictly forbidden, except in emergency circumstances. Anyone found in breach of this rule will automatically be asked to leave the College.
- The College must comply with certain licensing, Health and Safety, PREVENT and other statutory regulations and requires you to fulfil your obligations in this respect. The Client undertakes with the College to ensure that the health and safety and fire regulations for College premises are observed at all times.
- The Client undertakes with the College not to carry on any activity in any manner which would be contrary to, or compete with, the mission or activities of the University or its Colleges or which might bring the University or its Colleges into disrepute.
- The Client undertakes with the College to ensure that no statement is published concerning the College without its consent by the Client or by any person acting for or with the authority of the Client.
- No wines, spirits or food brought into College premises may be consumed in public rooms or outside areas without our agreement. We will charge corkage or other equivalent charge for all food or drinks brought in and consumed.
- Bedrooms are available from 14.00pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00 on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed by us. A charge for additional costs will be levied if rooms are not vacated on time.
- Non-resident visitors must leave the College site by 23.15 unless otherwise agreed.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the College site(s).
- The grass lawn in the Main Court is completely out of bounds to all visitors.
- This contract is personal to you and you may not assign or transfer any rights under this contract to any other person.
- This contract shall be governed by and construed under English law and you and the College submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with the contract.