St Catharine's College is committed to taking a progressive approach towards sustainability. We aim to highlight and educate staff, Fellows and students in the importance of being sustainable and environmentally friendly.
We are fully committed to improving environmental performances across the College by adopting new solutions and creating a sustainable environment which is maintainable for future generations to come.
We are proud members of both the Sustainable Restaurant Association and Green Tourism Business Scheme and we aim to make your conference or event as green as possible.
- Members of the Sustainable Restaurant Association with a comprehensive sustainable food policy
- Drinking water is re-filled on site using our own on-site system
- Wherever possible we only use locally-sourced seasonal ingredients
- All of our tea and coffee is ethically sourced
- All food waste is disposed of in an ethical way
- Extensive vegetarian and vegan menus
- Food recycling systems are available in all communal dining areas
- All our delivery packaging is recycled
- Only biodegradable chemicals are used
- Recycling facilities provided in our conference meeting rooms
- All lighting installed or replaced is now LED
- We operate a paperless Conference Office with all of our marketing materials only available electronically
- Media screens are available for advertising instead of printed materials
- Catering signage is written on re-usable slates
- All of our computing equipment, batteries, toners, AV equipment is recycled
- All of our main meeting rooms have individually controlled heating/air-con systems
- Easily accessible via public transport (no parking is available)
- Bicycle storage can be arranged
For full details, please find our Sustainability Policy here.