This event has already taken place. However, a full recording is available below.
Sat 12th Sept 2020, 10-11.30am
St Catharine's College will be hosting a webinar and Q&A session on Zoom for state school teachers and advisers who would like to find out more about supporting students who are applying to Oxbridge (or who may go on to apply to Oxbridge in future).
Dr Ivan Scales and Dr David Bainbridge (the College's Admissions Tutors) will give a presentation on the Oxbridge application process and what we look for in prospective students. This presentation will be followed by an extended Q&A session, allowing us to answer your questions, big or small. The Q&A panel will consist of:
- Dr David Bainbridge (Admissions Tutor for the Sciences, Disabilities Tutor, Childcare Tutor)
- Dr Ivan Scales (Admissions Tutor for the Arts & Humanities)
- Kathryn Singleton (Schools Liaison Officer)
- Megan Walsh (Undergraduate Admissions Administrator)
- Current students (to answer questions from an applicant perspective)
Whether you're experienced in supporting students applying to Oxbridge, or whether you haven't worked with any students applying to us before, you're more than welcome to join and ask your questions.
Although the focus will be primarily on how to support Year 12-13 (or equivalent) students, teachers of younger year groups are also invited to join this session and ask questions.
For more opportunities and resources for teachers and advisers, please visit the University of Cambridge's Events for Teachers webpage.