There are a number of resources available for students interested in studying at the University of Cambridge and the teachers and advisers who support them. Hopefully a lot of your questions will be answered by exploring our College website but, if not, here are some other helpful websites.
Official University of Cambridge Resources
- University of Cambridge Admissions Pages
- University of Cambridge Virtual Tour
- University of Cambridge YouTube Channel - The Undergraduate Study playlist contains videos about many aspects of life at Cambridge, from the interview process to the first 48 hours of life at Cambridge.
- Catz Videos for Prospectve Students - A playlist of videos recorded by St Catharine's College (Catz) to support students considering applying to the University of Cambridge.
- The Russell Group Website - Guidance for students from the Russell Group (24 of the UK’s top Universities, including Oxford, Cambridge, Manchester, Edinburgh, UCL and many more)
- College Event listings page - a list of Outreach events taking place around the University.
Life at Cambridge
- Cambridge Societies Directory - Wondering what societies and clubs you can get involved in at the University? Check out this list of over 700 societies on offer for our students!
- Cambridge University Alternative Prospectus – This is the University's Alternative Prospectus, written by the students, rather than by the staff. It contains a student perspective on each course and college, as well as information that you won’t find in the official prospectus (for instance, how much a drink in the bar costs, how many hours of work you get per week, and so on).
- InsideUni - A student-led project with application advice from Cambridge students including a database of interview experiences, student testimonials, and subject-specific application guides.
Making a competitive application
- Personal Statements Guide - The Cambridge Students' Union released a useful guide to writing a Personal Statement, breaking down a lot of the misconceptions applicants (and sometimes teachers) have about writing a Personal Statement for Cambridge.
- Admissions Webinar for Teachers - A recording of the St Catharine's Admissions Office webinar for teachers and advisers
- Super-curricular suggestions - A selection of suggested reading lists and resources compiled in one handy document. These lists are NOT ‘required reading’ for Cambridge applicants. They simply provide some suggestions for places to start exploring your own interests in your chosen subject independently.
- HE+ is an access initiative run by Cambridge University to promote access to Higher Education. You’ll find online resources for a variety of subjects as well as useful additional reading and information for people interested in applying for courses at Cambridge.
Oxford & Cambridge Interview Resources
- Jesus College, Oxford - Subject specific mock interview questions.
- Oxford Interview sample questions
- Cambridge University - Preparing for your online interview & other videos about online interviews here
If you have any questions about the above resources, please email Liza Zhabina the Schools Liaison Officer