Dr Katharine Dell is Director of Studies in Theology and Religious Studies at St Catharine's. Her research interest is the wisdom literature of the Old Testament and she has written four books on Job and two on Proverbs as well as an introduction for students entitled Get Wisdom, Get Insight! She has most recently written an introductory handbook to the Old Testament as a whole, entitled Opening the Old Testament and, as a Senior Lecturer, she teaches across the Old Testament syllabus in the Faculty of Divinity. She came to Cambridge from Oxford where she was an undergraduate and graduate and where she had her first job at Ripon College, Cuddesdon. She joined the college in 1996 as Tutor and DOS and she supervises St Catharine's students in their Old Testament options.
Dr Katharine Dell is married with a son and four cats. She a semi-professional singer in the London Bach Choir and received an LCM Diploma for singing in 2016.
- The Book of Proverbs in Social and Theological Context, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Opening the Old Testament, Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell, 2008.
- On Stone and Scroll: Essays in honour of Graham Ivor Davies, eds. James K Aitken, Katharine J Dell and Brian A Mastin, BZAW 420, (Walter de Gruyter, 2011)
- Reading Job Intertextually, eds. Katharine Dell and Will Kynes, LHBOTS 574, London: Bloomsbury, 2012 (also Reading Ecclesiastes Intertextually, 2014 and Reading Proverbs Intertextually, 2018)
- Study Guides to the Old Testament, ed. A. Curtis, London: Bloomsbury T & T Clark, 2016.
- Interpreting Ecclesiastes: Readers Old and New, Critical Studies in the Hebrew Bible 3, Winona Lake: IN: Eisenbrauns, 2013.
- Katharine J Dell and Paul M Joyce, Biblical Interpretation and Method: Essays in honour of Professor John Barton (Oxford University Press, 2013)
- 'Job: Where shall Wisdom be Found?', Phoenix Guides to the Old Testament, ed. Adrian Curtis (Sheffield Phoenix Press, 2013)
- Who needs the Old Testament?: its enduring appeal and why the New Atheists don’t get it, London: SPCK, and Eugene, Oregon: Wipf and Stock (Cascade books), 2017.
- Get Wisdom, Get Insight: An Introduction to Israel’s Wisdom Literature, London: Darton, Longman & Todd, 2000.
- The Solomonic Corpus of Wisdom and its Influence, Oxford: OUP, Publication in August 2020.