Jeff Dalley is a Professor in the Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry and is the Director of Studies in Neuroscience and Psychology at the College. His research spans the fields of behavioural and cognitive neuroscience, psychopharmacology and the translation of basic advances in neuroscience to clinical psychopathology, including schizophrenia, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, Parkinson's disease and drug addiction. Educated in New Zealand and the UK, Jeff Dalley came to the College in 2007 where he supervises second year St Catharine's students reading neurobiology in the Natural Sciences and Medical and Veterinary Sciences Tripos.
- Dalley JW & Robbins TW (2017) Fractionating impulsivity: neuropsychiatric implications. Nature Reviews Neuroscience 18: 158-171.
- Voon V & Dalley JW (2016) Translatable measurement of impulsivity and compulsivity: from animals to humans. Current Topics in Behavioural Neuroscience 28: 53-91.
- Donnelly NA, Paulsen O, Robbins TW & Dalley JW (2015) Ramping single unit activity in the medial prefrontal cortex and ventral striatum reflects the onset of waiting but not imminent impulsive actions. Eur J Neurosci 41: 1524-1537.
- Caprioli D, Jupp B, Hong YT, Sawiak SJ, Ferrari V, Williamson DJ, McNabb C, Aigbirhio FI, Everitt BJ, Robbins TW, Fryer TD and Dalley JW (2015) Dissociable rate-dependent effects of oral methyphenidate on impulsivity and D2/3 receptor availability in the striatum. J. Neurosci 35: 3747-3755.
- Barlow RL, Alsiö J, Jupp B, Rabinovich R, Shrestha S, Roberts AC, Robbins TW and Dalley JW (2015) Markers of serotonergic function in the orbitofrontal cortex and dorsal raphé nucleus predict individual variation in spatial-discrimination serial reversal learning. Neuropsychopharmacology 40: 1619-1630.
- Donnelly NA, Holtzman T, Rich PD, Nevado-Holgado AJ, Van Dijck G, Holzhammer T, Paul O, Ruther P, Paulsen O, Robbins TW & Dalley JW (2014) Oscillatory activity in the medial prefrontal cortex and nucleus accumbens encodes impulsivity and reward outcome. PLoS ONE e111300.
- Hayes DJ, Jupp B, Sawiak SJ, Merlo E, Caprioli D & Dalley JW (2014) Brain -aminobutyric acid: a neglected role in impulsivity. Eur J. Neurosci 39: 1921-1932.
- Caprioli D, Sawiak SJ, Merlo E, Theobald DE, Spoelder M, Jupp B, Voon V, Carpenter TA, Everitt BJ, Robbins TW & Dalley JW (2014) GABA-ergic and neuronal structural markers in the nucleus accumbens core underlie trait-like impulsive behavior. Biol Psychiatry 75: 115-123.