Cambridge University Virtual Open Days: 2nd-3rd July 2020
The University and its Colleges have been working to provide online replacement provision for the Open Days. You can book free places on the University's Virtual Open Days here. There will be plenty of information about St Catharine's (Catz) available, as well as talks and resources from across all Colleges and Departments.
As part of the University Open Days, Catz would like to invite you to join Q&A sessions with our students and Admissions Tutors to ask us your questions, big or small. If these sessions become oversubscribed, please consider signing up for one our subject-specific Q&A sessions in the next section. Click the links below to register::
- Thurs 2nd July, 3-4pm: Sciences Q&A
- Thurs 2nd July, 4-5pm: Arts and Humanities Q&A
- Fri 3rd July, 10-11am: Sciences Q&A
- Fri 3rd July,11am-12pm: Arts and Humanities Q&A
Video guides from St Catharine's staff and students
As part of our online provision for prospective students, one of our College's Admissions Tutors has recorded a series of talks, giving guidance on applying to the University of Cambridge and discussing the benefits of coming to St Catharine's. These videos answer many of the questions which prospective students ask us in person at the Open Days. You can find the videos here.
Subject-Specific Q&A Sessions: 6th-10th July
We're excited to offer a unique opportunity for prospective students to meet Admissions Tutors, Directors of Studies, interviewers, and current students in your subject online. We'll be running Q&A sessions for each of the subjects on offer at St Catharine's. You can register for these sessions below and places are first come first served.
- Additional session: Welfare and wellbeing provision at St Catharine's, and supporting students with disabilities and learning difficulties - Monday 6 July, 12pm- click here to book
- Additional session: Prospective students interested in taking part in music opportunities at Catz and Cambridge (regardless of whether you study the Music course) - Thursday 9 July, 4pm - click here to book
- Classics; Philosophy; Theology - Wednesday 8 July, 2pm - click here to book
- Economics; Land Economy* - Thursday 9 July, 2pm - click here to book
- Engineering, and Chemical Engineering via this route - Tuesday 7 July, 3pm - click here to book
- English Literature - Monday 6 July, 3pm - click here to book
- Geography - Tuesday 7 July, noon - click here to book
- History; History and Politics; History and Modern Languages; Archaeology - Friday 10 July, 4pm - click here to book
- Human, Social and Political Sciences - Tuesday 7 July, 10am - click here to book
- Law - Friday 10 July, 10am - click here to book
- Maths; Maths with Physics; Computer Science - Friday 10 July, noon - click here to book
- Medicine - Monday 6 July, 10am - click here to book
- Modern and Medieval Languages; Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic; Asian and Middle Eastern Studies*; History and Modern Languages - Thursday 9 July, 10am - click here to book
- Music (this session will be for both applicants considering studying Music and also applicants who'd like to find out more about getting involved in music at Cambridge in their free time) - Thursday 9 July, 4pm - click here to book
- Natural Sciences (biological); Psychological and Behavioural Sciences - Wednesday 8 July, 10am - click here to book
- Natural Sciences (physical), and Chemical Engineering via this route - Wednesday 8 July, noon - click here to book
- Veterinary Medicine - Thursday 9 July, noon - click here to book
We look forward to speaking to you at one of our sessions very soon!
*There will not be a Director of Studies present for AMES or Land Economy. However, Admissions Tutors and current students will still be able to answer your questions.
Cambridge University Virtual Open Days: September 2020
The University of Cambridge is planning to hold Virtual Open Days in September too. St Catharine's will be taking part and offering more Q&A sessions. We will update this page in due course.