When doing archival research related to St. Catharine's College the following websites and online resources may be useful.
- 'A History of St. Catharine's College once Catharine Hall Cambridge' by W. H. S. Jones, 1936
- 'The Story of St. Catharine's College, Cambridge' by W. H. S. Jones, 1951
- 'The Story of St. Catharine's College' by J. H. Baker and R. Edis, 1997
- The online version of the Victoria County History has a good section on St. Catharine's College
- The recently updated Pevsner Guide to Cambridgeshire has a short piece on the architecture of the College, 2014
- Janus: provides access to more than 1800 catalogues of archives held throughout Cambridge
- Cambridgeshire Archives
England's Places, an online version of the Architectural Red Box Collection from the Historic England Archive
- A brief history of the University of Cambridge
- List of Cambridge University Officers
- Details of how Cambridge University and the Colleges function
- Cambridge History Sources Portal, including lists of Cambridgeshire photographers (1844-1990) and engravers.
- Cambridge Past, Present and Future, history of Cambrdge
- University of Oxford Archives
- England's Places, an online version of the Architectural Red Box Collection from the Historic England Archive. You can search for images of villages, towns and cities all across England.
- Clergy of the Church of England Database
- A Vision of Britain Through Time: The Vision of Britain system holds the full text of three 19th century descriptive gazetteers, a total of over 90,000 entries
- Early Modern England: a website for people interested in the history of England, focussing on English history from the late 15th century to the 19th century
- Anglo-Norman Dictionary
- Information on archival material and archive services in Ireland
- Historypin: a site to share historical photographs
- A guide to effective research using archives, produced by the Society of American Archivists
- Catholic Heritage website covering collections held England, Scotland, Italy and Spain
- Art UK (formerly Your Paintings), where the College's collection of oil paintings can be viewed, as well as collections held in public institutions all over the country
- Athlos: a site dedicated to athletics literature (with many references to Cambridge University)
For those interested in preserving their own records, the following websites may be of interest:
- Guidance from the Library of Congress on preserving digital materials
- Institute of Conservation (ICON)
Please note that St Catharine's College cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites.