The Annual Fund
The Annual Fund touches the lives of all St Catharine’s students through its support for a broad range of bursaries, scholarships and projects. We are very grateful to everyone who chooses to donate to the College through the Annual Fund. Their generosity has a profound impact on our students, providing opportunities that would otherwise be unavailable to them.
Impact in 2017-18
In the year to June 2018, we were delighted to receive the support of 700 Members to the Annual Fund, which resulted in benefits for all sections of the student community, including:
- 90 undergraduate Entrance Bursaries and seven graduate bursaries
- 55 Annual Fund Sports Bursaries for students playing 27 sports at College and/or University level
- Grants for language courses, internships and electives
- Support for the College’s Graduate Symposium and International Women’s Day celebration
- Funds for the development of CatzConnect – the College’s forthcoming peer-to-peer networking and mentoring platform for students and alumni
- Funding for the College Library’s digitisation project, which is enabling free access for anyone, anywhere, to our unique collections via the University Library website
Thank you to everyone who donated to the Annual Fund in 2017-18! You can read more about the Annual Fund’s impact on our beneficiary profiles page.
The Annual Fund in 2018-19
With the generosity of existing donors and support of those who donated following our 2018 telephone campaign, the Annual Fund is already committed to the following causes and projects over the year ahead:
- Up to 100 undergraduate Entrance Bursaries
- One PhD and four MPhil bursaries
- Up to £30,000 for academic-related bursaries (e.g. grants for travel, research and electives) and sports awards
- Investment in the Library and College Archive
Your Support Matters
The greater the number of people who support the Annual Fund, the more we can do to benefit students now. For example:
- A donation of £20 a month can fund a sports grant or travel award
- Just four donations of £20 a month can support an undergraduate Entrance Bursary
- Twenty gifts of £500 would provide an MPhil bursary
- A donation of £2,000 will support the annual Graduate Symposium
You can make a regular donation or single gift online, or download a gift form and return it to the Alumni & Development Office. Please feel welcome to contact Mr Guy Lawrenson, Senior Development Executive, by email or telephone (01223 338334) for more information.
A team of ten students and recent graduates spoke with more than 500 alumni over a two week period in September. In addition to sharing the latest news from St Catharine's and promoting College events and activities, they also learned about the careers and interests of Members, from which they benefited enormously. We are delighted to report that those with whom our students spoke have very generously donated more than £175,000 to the Annual Fund. Thank you to everyone who supported this year's telephone campaign.