Warmest congratulations from everyone at St Catharine’s to the following Members whose contributions were recognised in New Year's Honours lists at home and abroad:
- Harvey McGrath (1971), alumnus and Honorary Fellow, received a knighthood (KBE) for 'service to economic growth and public life';
- Guy Beringer QC (1973), alumnus and Fellow Commoner, became a Commander of the British Empire (CBE) for 'services to export finance and pro bono work in the legal sector';
- Charles Heatley (1980), alumnus, received an MBE for 'services to primary healthcare';
- Malcolm Martineau (1978), alumnus, received an OBE for 'services to music and young singers';
- Olivia Pinkey (née Richards, 1988), alumna, received a Queen's Police Medal for distinguished service to Sussex Police;
- Professor Charles Higham (1959), alumnus and Honorary Fellow, became an Officer of the New Zealand Order of Merit (ONZM), for 'services to archaeology'.
Below, left to right: Sir Harvey McGrath, Guy Beringer CBE QC, Professor Charles Higham ONZM